Saturday, June 2, 2012

Paperback Writer





Does anyone else remember that Beatles' hit? I thought it was rather amusing when I first heard it as a near teen. Now it has taken on a whole new meaning for me. 


My debut MG/YA novel, Michaela's Gift, is set to release in less than two weeks. June 15th. The writing process was fun. The editing was a bit frustrating at times. Fear began inching its way in at the time of my contract offer. Anticipation ruled the day until I finally saw my amazing cover art. Now I'm totally petrified! 


I saw my book listed on the Musa website the other day under the Euterpe imprint new releases. Somehow I had managed to miss the announcement. I've been very busy lately with a funeral service, a graduation, and finally a wedding. But I thought I would have seen something that major. I wasn't expecting it to show up until the actual release. 


Now I need to get my rear in gear and find some willing souls who will do me the honor of interviewing me for their blogs or websites. I've completed a handful, but I would be more than willing to add a few more to my collection. And, of course, I'm more than happy to reciprocate. 


So if you're interested, just let me know. Just leave a comment or send me a Tweet. Thanks, everyone, for all the support. 


Cordelia

1 comments:

Lauren R. - Freelance Editor @ Pure Text said...

It's natural for you to be scared, but it sounds like as far as writing, things are going extremely well! Enjoy it (well, despite the fear, I bet you are!)

Hope you get some more interviews!

Post a Comment