Monday, June 18, 2012

A Thank You and a Favor Request



Some people may not realize it, but Kansas sunflowers are HUGE! The first time I walked over to my neighbor's field to show the sunflowers to my niece, I was surprised at the height of the stalks that hold up the weight of those beautiful, sunny blossoms. They were much taller than I realized. It was fun to see the delight on the kids' faces as they were shorter than the blooms that were as big as their heads.


So today I'm sending a huge bouquet of Kansas Sunflowers to all of you. I would first like to thank everyone who has taken the time to check out my fairly new blog. If you have clicked on the little Follow button, I would be honored to return the favor. Just let me know your blog's URL, and if I haven't already, I will definitely sign on as a follower.


Now I would like to make a request. I am very interested in finding out more about book trailers. I didn't make a trailer for Michaela's Gift. I don't know the first thing about how one does such a thing. I didn't hire someone else to do it for me, either, because I am a newly-published writer, and, frankly, I have no money yet. 


But I would love to know more about trailers. Not only about how they are created, but why an author chooses particular elements to include in each trailer.


So if you have a trailer and would like to share it, along with the details of your book, I would love to hear from you. Or, if you are a creator of trailers and would like to share a little about how you decide what to include, or any other interesting details, I would love to hear from you.


Of course, this is a G-rated site, so it would be nice if we could keep it to kid lit, or at least something suitable for all audiences. I have nothing against a good horror story.


Thank you so much. If you are interested and don't want to share your contact information on this site, you may certainly email me at vidamaemaynard@gmail.com.


Have a fantastic day!
Cordelia

2 comments:

J.L. Campbell said...

The ones I've used were made by a friend of mine. She's good at this stuff and the trailers capture exactly what the books are about. I do know however, that I haven't ever bought a book based on a trailer. The way I figure it is that they certainly don't do any harm and will satisfy those who are interested in finding out what a story is about.

Cordelia Dinsmore said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment, J.L. I'm just trying to get a feel for everyone's opinions, whether they help sales or interest, options for creating one, cost for having someone else, etc. I haven't bought one yet based on the trailer, but I saw one the other day that definitely holds a lot of sway over how I feel about the book.

Post a Comment